Sunday, February 08, 2009

Gun Control - HR 45 Will Dilute Your Liberty

I received an email the other day that detailed a new Gun Control bill that was introduced in the House of Representatives on 6 Jan, 2009. The provisions of this bill are scary to say the least. I strongly urge any US Citizen to oppose this bill. You must call your Representative and your Senators. You must write to the President. If all else fails you must secure your weapons out of the reach of the authorities. If all else fails you must be prepared to face your friends and neighbors and hope that they think as you do. I normally am a law and order type. I normally see the benefit of most law. But in the case of H.R. 45 I cannot support it. And if it becomes law, I cannot obey it. Please read the rest of this post and see for yourself the highlights of this bill that are poised to dilute your liberty.

H.R. 45 is titled; To provide for the implementation of a system of licensing for purchasers of certain firearms and for a record of sale system for those firearms, and for other purposes.

The title alone tells me that there will be a uniform national gun license and a national tracking system. Before we get into the specifics of the bill please use your imagination to think about how your privacy must be compromised in order to create a national license and tracking system.

I hope your attention is focused now. In the table that follows, the items on the left are the allegations I read in the email sent to me. On the right are the citations from within the body of the bill itself. I found all but two. Since I am a literal reader, you may look closer and find what I missed.

The upshot of this is that the federal government will mandate what firearms they wish to regulate. The regulated arms are the most likely to be used during any form of insurrection. The regulated arms will make confiscation easy. The 2nd Amendment states "...shall not be infringed." You are now the judge.

There will be no more editorializing on my part. From here on in, it is up to you to use your own judgment to decide if this is dangerous legislation or not. Thank you for reading, and thank you for forwarding this to anyone who may care.

Relevant Point From the Email I Received
Source From HR45
You will have to carry a photo ID firearms license.Section 102 Page 7 Line 10
A training class is required to be licensed.Section 2 Page 4 Line 10 (implied), Section 2 Page 4 Line 18 (implied), Section 102 Page 8 Line 5
Disclosure of your storage method is required for license.I didn't find this one. Page 8 line 9 requires that you know how to store firearms. I tend to read things literally and thus may miss what the email author caught. It might be there. Check it out.
A thumb print is required for license.Section 102 Page 7 Line 17
Every sale recorded by the federal government.Section 2 Page 4 Line 15 (implied), Section 402 Page 22 Line 9 (strongly implied)
If you move, and don't tell the Attorney General within 60 days, you are a criminal.Section 304 Page 18 Line 21
If a firearm is stolen and you don't report it, you are a criminal.Section 303 Page 18 Line 6
There will be no grandfathered firearms. If you do not obtain a license and report every firearm you currently own, you are a criminal.I didn't find this. I find several discussion of "qualifying firearms" which are defined on page 5 line 8. Again, I read things literally. Read it for yourself and let me know.
There will be a license fee and a fee for the "services" provided at purchase time.Page 9, Line 25
Licenses must be renewed every 5 years.Page 11, Line 11

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! Can't wait for this to become law, it's about time! The days of the USA being the leading nation of gun-related deaths will soon be over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to go. At the rate other things are progrewwsing the day of the USA being the leading nation in the personal freedoms arena will also be over. Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard about this on Glenn Beck a week or two ago then got this e-mail today. I found your blog while looking for more information. So good to hear another person that makes good common sense.

    ReplyDelete