Sunday, March 01, 2009

A Month of Sundays

The President has been in office now for over a month. So far I am not impressed. I have to say that there are some fundamental flaws in how he's doing his job.

The most egregious flaw is that he's set an absolute timetable for the withdrawal
"Let me say this as plainly as I can: By Aug. 31, 2010, our combat mission in Iraq will end," Obama said, adding later, "We seek a full transition to Iraqi responsibility for the security of your country."

of troops from Iraq. Now all the enemy has to do is lie low. I sure hope the Iraqis left behind can live with our decision.

Of course, while he says he supports the second amendment, he has failed to denounce HR45. This bill was the was the topic of my last post. It's in committee now. But I promise that if any of my guys vote for this...... their contracts won't be renewed on the next mass hiring day.

Then there is the stimulus package he signed. This is a half and half scenario. Half the blame goes to Congress for a billion dollar a page boondoggle. The other half of the blame goes to him for signing it. I'd like to know to whom and how it will be disbursed? If we are simply going to continue handing big checks out to failed companies ...

Speaking of a real economic stimulus, there is tax reform. Here we are going into the tax season full tilt and Mr. Obama has not openly endorsed the Fairtax. HR25 was just reintroduced and has 44 co-sponsors. By not endorsing the bill, the President has shown that he supports politics/corruption as simply "business as usual".

So much for change I can get behind. The only change I have left is a couple of nickles I found on the street before the taxman came.

No comments:

Post a Comment