Saturday, March 21, 2009

Obama Backs Off "Bill the Veterans" Proposal

Well, the best news I got today came in the form of a comment from Skippy-San on the "Not my President" post. He wrote to say that Mr. Obama has backed off of his bill-the-veterans scheme. So, I wanted to say thanks to Skippy for alerting me to the change.
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) was the first to announce Wednesday afternoon that the president won’t pursue such a proposal.

She told veterans that Obama decided to scrap the proposal “Based on the respect that President Obama has for our nation’s veterans and the principled concerns expressed by veterans’ leaders.” - Source

So I have to take my hat off, exposing my ever growing bald spot, to the Democrats, Republicans, Leftists, Rightists, and of course Mr. Obama for getting off this dead horse. Well Done Folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment