Friday, February 26, 2010

Tea Parties Compared to Street Gangs

I like to investigate political sites that call for grassroots action in America. So, right now I am reading and commenting on change.org.

Right away I need to state that change.org is a worthwhile site because it works to get people involved. But as we will see in this excerpt one of the bloggers may not be as open to getting involved as I am.


Essentially the author compares the Tea Party movement with street gangs. And, it really doesn't matter how it gets spun, the quote by Dr. King following her "And we have..." comment pretty much says it all.

And we have the Tea Party...
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." --Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr
Of course the blog post made me want to figure out who these sincerely ignorant Tea Party folks were. I got this description from one site I visited.


They'll likely include advocates for smaller government, tax reform, personal liberty and other causes.
The Tea Party Movement might appear disorganized, but that's by design, said Bonnie Alba, an Aiken writer and blogger on conservative issues.
"It's a grass-roots movement. The power doesn't lie in being organized," said Alba, a retired Department of Defense employee.
I guess we need to watch who we hang out with a little more closely.

FTFGIMAD
Technorati Tags: , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment