Sunday, August 14, 2011

Preseason Politics

Today Mr. Pawlenty dropped out of the race. And we all know that Mr. Perry stepped in with a move obviously timed to disrupt the kids in Iowa. As preseason gaming goes, the NFL is ahead on points.

Right now, my goal isn't so much to pick the next Republican nominee. My goal is to get to know them. A two party system is Darwinian by its brutal simplicity. Each candidate needs to show how he or she is the perfect Republican. And, since there is no perfect anybody.... that's tough.

Preseason allows me to view the candidate and see how they perform under pressure. I could care less about their stand on today's talking points when compared to how they will react immediately following a terrorist attack. So, I want to see more questions and harder debate. I'm also looking for character traits of a great leader, a statesman, to emerge.

The President has a huge advantage. No matter how bad you think he is doing the job...... He is doing the job. It's going to take a lot of deep looks to convince me or anyone else to take an unknown over the known, even if the known isn't well liked.

Technorati Tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment