Saturday, August 09, 2008

Truth_O_Meter

I love the internet. It's just like America is supposed to be. Free, unfettered by excess regulation. You are the only one responsible for your actions. You are responsible to fully defend yourself. It's great. I'm sure that within my lifetime the internet, like the wild west, will fade and a more structured model will emerge.

I don't make any bones about not supporting any of the current crop of Presidential Candidates. But, I really don't like seeing distorted stuff. I would prefer that the candidates sit down and publicly debate the issues without excess rules. I'd like to see a Q&A where the McUSA's can ask a direct question and get a reasonably direct answer. Finally, I would love to see a candidate admit that the Constitution doesn't allow him to do the things he's promising.

Here is the latest from the Truth-O-Meter:

# John McCain: "Obama voted to raise taxes on people making just $42,000."
The Truth-o-Meter says: Barely True | Obama voted for budget resolution, not taxes.
[Thursday, August 07, 2008 11:00:00 PM]

# John McCain: Barack Obama promises higher taxes on "the sale of your home."
The Truth-o-Meter says: Barely True | Only the wealthy who make big profits.
[Thursday, August 07, 2008 11:00:00 PM]

# Barack Obama: John McCain refuses to support a new bipartisan energy bill "because it would take away tax breaks from oil companies like Exxon Mobil."
The Truth-o-Meter says: False | McCain opposes taxes but hasn't commented on bill
[Wednesday, August 06, 2008 11:00:00 PM]


I have another idea: Let's have a debate on which Candidate will actually support the Constitution as written.

Until Later, Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment