Sunday, September 04, 2011

Rock em Sock em Radio Hosts

The world has fallen victim to bizzaro-itis. Two of my favorite radio talk show hosts, Mark Levin and Mike Church, have gone to war over Ron Paul. And, I don't get it.

I used to listen to both on a daily basis. I have read every one of Marks books and learned a lot. I followed Mikes' historical docudramas (is that a word?) regarding our founding with unabashed enthusiasm. And now, they are at war. Just google both names in the same search and then read all about it.

This is profound. These are not slippery politicians here. Both men are Patriotic Americans. Both men are truly gifted entertainers who provide an educational service if you read between the lines. I respect Mark the most for his practical experience in government. I respect Mike the most for his outstanding use of comedy, music, drama, and satire to educate those willing to listen.

I don't agree 100% with either one of them. But I agree with enough of each that I cannot fathom why, at a fundamental level, they are not simpatico. Hopefully in a day or two this will be revealed as a very detailed hoax. Might as well hope for honest politicians while I'm at it eh?

Alright guys, it's time to face off directly instead of by proxy and duke it out. Get it out of your systems and get back to the business of educating the occasional listener who wanders in from outside the fold. Each one of those listeners will be key to defeating the coalition of the stupid that is killing my country.

No comments:

Post a Comment